Saturday 26 October 2013

What to do with candles? Decorative Christmas candles

I was given a set of three pillar candles and the only request was, see what you can do

Well I can tell you the old brain box has taken a hammering while I had some ideas

Firstly I would like to thank Lewis from Furniture Plus for the candles, which was from here

Thank you

Here`s what I was given


So I took the largest, think big

I first printed out an image on to tissue paper, as tissue paper doesn't go through the printer very well I first secured it to a A4 sheet


And printed on normal settings
I set that aside to let it have a through drying

I then put double sided tape around the top and bottom


Then rolled the candle in silver glitter



To attach the image to the candle I placed it in between the silver glitter lines
I then  embossed the image with a heat embossing tool all over to melt it to the candle, this takes seconds, so be careful. 
Wave the embossing tool all over the image to secure it to the candle



I was pleased with this and turned my attention to the small candle


This was easy because it was decorated with peel offs and gems
I think it came out very well


But when this was done the middle candle looked bare

After many deliberations I thought I`d try a new technique for me and although I enjoyed trying it, the blue could have been darker


To get this effect, I took some Epsom salts and coloured them with blue colouring and peppermint flavouring

I then painted the candle with PVA and rolled the candle in the salts, they adhered well

I attached a ribbon and some snow flake embellishments


To display the trio of candles I put them onto a silver plate and added some clear stones


And a few sprayed pine cones

What a great Christmas display and thank you Lewis

Thats all I need now is one of these tables to display it on ....











No comments:

Post a Comment