Friday, 22 April 2011

Coniston (The Lakes)

Well what glorious weather we`re having.

We decided to go on an outing to the Lakes. We loaded up our motorhome and packed the dog in and off we went (not). It wouldnt start, so after much to and fro-ing, jump leads and bumping we were off.

We got a mile down the road to a car park and hitched up our little smart car....horror upon horror, we got half a mile and the thing was all over the road. We stopped , un-coupled it and started again. We rang the manufacturers for a quick tutorial on how to hitch up and everything was as is , we were doing it right, no they didnt know what was wrong.

We set off again, everything fine then a couple of mile later , off it went again, what was wrong with this thing. Swaying all over the road..

We stopped took it off again, checked it all. Thought perhaps we did this wrong, perhaps we did that wrong. Perhaps we did nothing wrong.

Back into the premier inn car park we went ......they were fed up of seeing us I think , 3 hours had passed and we`d travelled 3 mile from the house.....!!!!

We went through it all again, check this check that , drove around the car park 20 times, it was we went again. We stopped after 2 miles, everything was still ok so to the Lakes....

We drove all the way upto the lakes, no problems what so ever apart from the narrow roads and our outfit being 11 metres long. But we arrived and pitched up for the night.

The sun was still shining and everything was rosey, sat outside overlooking the Lakes , wine glass in hand. What bliss. It started to get dark so we called it a night and retired.

We usually take a Tv for evenings as I`m usually tucked up at 9 o`clock, worn out. Unfortunately we had no signal and TV was out so I read instead which didnt matter as I was soon asleep.

Next morning we awoke to the birds singing and the sun beating down on us...beautiful. I walked into the bathroom. The floor was flooded , we had a water was from the tap fitment so we just had to live with it until we could get home and book it in the garage. No hardship.

We set off to the village in our little care, sat outside eating the biggest ice cream I`ve ever had, a great ice cream palour at the Morning star Hotel in coniston.

We thought we`d head back to the site and take my little corgi down to the lake as he`d had his ice cream but was wanting a bit of a run around.

We parked up and off he ambled, (he dont go fast) he has little legs. He fell over , dont know why but hurt his front paw. He couldnt walk and had to be carried back to the car. We went back to the pitch where he layed down feeling sorry for himself. He was ok but limping, so my OH lifted him in and out of the motorhome. On the one occasion he tried to do it himself he fell and hurt his back paw.

He was now a sorry sight and we decided to give him some pain relief and see how he went.

Next morning he was a bit happier and seemed not to be limping so much , so we had a quiet day around the site and kept on eye on him.

I said to OH lets take the camera down to the Lakeside, it was a short distance away and take some photos. He then confessed he forgot the camera....!!!


So thats my tale, we came home, the MH is booked into garage next week for a new battery, its in the week after because it has a water leak. The dogs limping but is happy and to top it all, they lost my new car, its on a transporter somewhere between here and Liverpool. At least they think it is, they cant find best I write this week off and start agin next week.

1 comment:

  1. Do you want me to send you some Lucky White Heather. I hope everything gets sorted soon and your doggy's paws are ok. Jaqui x