Sunday 22 August 2010

Record bowl and coasters

I decided to make these a while ago but didnt have any records, so i sent my OH to the bootsale where he picked up 4 LP`s for a £1.

I used boiling hot water to shape the bowl .

Firstly I put a knitting needle through the hole of the record , easier to handle, I then rested it on a pyrex dish and poured kettle fulls of boiling water over the record. The record then moulded itself to the bowl and came out this shape.

I then laminated the cover using a xyron creative station. Be a nice gift for xmas, and I was impressed how new looking the bowl came out

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a great idea, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea but I don't think I could have done it to that album (it's one of my favourites). Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete