Wednesday 3 February 2010

Scarborough


I havent been feeling too well lately so my partner and I went off to Scarborough for a few days.

We were amazed to see it had been snowing, so on arrival at the hotel. "The Clifton" we had a meal and settled down to an evening in. It was a lovely 3 course meal, but no where near good value for money at £22 a head. The room was clean and roomy and had a tv and coffee making facilities.

The next day we had a stroll through Scarborough town centre, the charity shops were amongst the most expensive I`ve seen, but I did have some Christmas mugs, not cheap, but affordable.

We had lunch at Mother Hubbards, reknown for their fish and chips, and I`ve bought "The Scarecrow Family knitting pattern by Jean Greenhowe so watch this space.

I`ve been learning to knit for three weeks, so I`ve bit the bullet, bought the wool and the pattern, and I`m going to make a family (fingers crossed) Grandparents, parents and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment